- Patriot Stories
- Monday, March 30, 2009
Close call for fishing boats, barge
The high seas collision that didn't happen, didn't happen about dawn Saturday.Continued ...
It was then that a barge pushed by a tug and operating without radar emerged from a "black thick of fog" just past Thacher Island into a flotilla of day-fishing boats, local fishermen said yesterday.
- Tuesday, February 3, 2009
CG chief: VMS use wasn't 'routine'
The Coast Guard's top ranking search-and-rescue officer says that getting access to a VMS or vessel monitoring system database to locate the last "ping" point position of the Patriot for a lifesaving effort for the crew of two should have been "routine."Continued ...
- Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Patriot fouled; security too late
Five days after the Patriot was mysteriously lost with its crew on popular fishing grounds 15 miles out of Gloucester Harbor, the Coast Guard moved to secure the area and keep the wreck site free of contamination.Continued ...
- Friday, January 23, 2009
- 'You could look through the windows'
- Thursday, January 22, 2009
- Photo project cleared: Coast Guard OKs underwater exam of Patriot
- Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- Families push for underwater Patriot photos
- Saturday, January 17, 2009
- Still the best avenue for speaking to the local community
- Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- Fishermen urge better use of VMS
- Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- Fishermen, advocates simmer over priorities
- Sunday, January 11, 2009
- Lack of VMS code slowed Coast Guard
- Saturday, January 10, 2009
- Bucking tradition with headlines on Patriot coverage
- Friday, January 9, 2009
- Tearful goodbyes for fishermen
- TUG focus of Patriot Probe
- Coast Guard investigates second boat
- Thursday, January 8, 2009
- Grief, loss expressed at vigil