By Steven Fletcher Staff Writer
Gloucester Daily Times
---- — Gloucester Police have called off their search and lookout bulletins for a 35-year-old Gloucester man who had been missing for more than a week, confirming today that he was located alive and safe Saturday — in California.
Keith O’Connor, 35, spoke to Detective Tom Quinn from a California hospital Saturday afternoon, according to a police report. The report states that O’Connor called his family earlier from the hospital in Rosemead, Calif., saying he had flown to Calfornia sometime last week, according to the police report.
O’Connor’s mother had reported him missing last Monday morning and said he was last seen on Main Street in Gloucester the previous Friday, Nov. 2.
Police picked up their search for him after receiving two reports that he was still on the North Shore. A woman told them she saw O’Connor at Tedeschi’s on Thursday, and a person in Beverly told police they saw him at a train station.
For more on this story, look to tomorrow’s print and online editions of the Gloucester Daily Times and gloucestertimes.com
Steven Fletcher may be reached at 1-978-283-7000 x3455, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @stevengdt.