This courtroom sketch depicts Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, upper right, on the witness stand as defendant James "Whitey" Bulger listens, seated middle, next to his defense attorney J. W. Carney Jr., seated far right, while prosecutor Fred Wyshak, standing left, questions Flemmi during Bulger's racketeering and murder trial at U.S. District Court in Boston, Friday, July 19, 2013. Flemmi, who was once Bulger's loyal partner, has recounted multiple killings he says Bulger was involved in, either as a triggerman or a driving force. (AP Photo/Jane Flavell Collins)
- Top Stories
Skeleton Market Basket crew presses on
Six weeks ago, Justin Haynes, a full-time Market Basket meat cutter for the Gloucester store, was back in his department performing his typical, everyday job duties. But that was before former CEO Arthur T. Demoulas was ousted and employee protests,Continued ...
A 25-year Adventure
The original construction of the schooner Adventure in 1926 is said to have taken only six months at the John F. James and Son Yard in Essex, at a cost of $65,000. The reconstruction of the sleek workhorse of Gloucester's legendary wooden dory schoonContinued ...
City seeks to clear death site
Two days after a Gloucester man was found dead on the property, city officials have ordered that all boats be removed from a small lot behind McDonald's and 7-Eleven on Maplewood Avenue. Officials recovered the body of Charles Ilges, 51, on Monday afContinued ...
- Gloucester gets $170K grant for EMS prep
- New Essex officer covering overnight shift
- Officials see costly winter for natural gas
- Towns' Police/Fire: Rockport woman faces domestic, other charges
- No 'butts' about it: Vapor stores pop up despite e-cig concerns
- Ebola unlikely, but Boston health staffs prepared
- Teen charged with third assault on homeless person
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- City panel drops bid to limit sites for offenders
- McCain campaigns for Scott Brown
- Remembering Charlie Ilges
- A grand reopening
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Woman offers apology for not testifying on abuse
- Skeleton Market Basket crew presses on