This pair of file photos shows Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, left, on Sept. 22, 2008, as he testified in a Miami court in the murder trial of former FBI agent John Connolly; and James "Whitey" Bulger, right, in a June 23, 2011 booking photo provided by the U.S. Marshals Service. Flemmi, Bulger's alleged former partner serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to 10 killings, is expected to testify in Bulger's trial Thursday, July 18, 2013 in federal court in Boston. Bulger, now 83, is accused in a 32-count racketeering indictment and in playing a role in 19 killings in the 1970s and '80s while he allegedly led the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. (AP Photos/J. Pat Carter and U.S. Marshals Service, File)
- Top Stories
Update: No crime complaint against Bell
Former mayoral candidate Mac Bell prevailed in his show-cause hearing Wednesday morning in Gloucester District Court, with a clerk magistrate ruling no probable cause exists for pursuing criminal charges against Bell related to an alleged incident inContinued ...
Court mum on Bell hearing
Former mayoral candidate Mac Bell's show-cause hearing at Gloucester District Court ended this morning with no public word on whether the court will issue a criminal complaint against Bell for an alleged incident in Essex. The closed-door hearing inContinued ...
Lucky 7 gets back assets, can't reopen
The Lucky 7 arcades in Gloucester and Danvers cannot reopen under current law, and the corporation that operates them has been placed on three years' probation. But Lucky 7 and the Parisi family that owned and operated the facilities before being shuContinued ...
- Critics see city in 'rush' to new harbor plan
- Creatures of habitat
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man nabbed at police station with fireworks in pocket
- Essex now taking prisoners to sheriff's site
- GPD plans 'tossing' of chief for fund-raiser
- Towns' Police/Fire: City man charged on Manchester warrants
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Settlement: Lucky 7 can't reopen, but family gets assets, admits no wrongdoing
- Owner, finder connect over fisherman's lost ring
- Council eyes new rules on city lease deals
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man held in sleepover case faces new charges
- Exhibit recalls Manchester as furniture hub
- State panel disbars Rockport lawyer
- Update: No crime complaint against Bell