This pair of file photos shows Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, left, on Sept. 22, 2008, as he testified in a Miami court in the murder trial of former FBI agent John Connolly; and James "Whitey" Bulger, right, in a June 23, 2011 booking photo provided by the U.S. Marshals Service. Flemmi, Bulger's alleged former partner serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to 10 killings, is expected to testify in Bulger's trial Thursday, July 18, 2013 in federal court in Boston. Bulger, now 83, is accused in a 32-count racketeering indictment and in playing a role in 19 killings in the 1970s and '80s while he allegedly led the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. (AP Photos/J. Pat Carter and U.S. Marshals Service, File)
- Top Stories
DOT eyes bridge fix, replacement
The state's Department of Transportation is expected to come to Gloucester in the coming weeks to not only outline a plan for repairing the Blynman Bridge to once again raise its weight limits, but to also glean input and discuss the bridge's long-teContinued ...
FEMA flood break seen for 'grandfathered' sites
MANCHESTER -- Al Cohen and his wife were searching for a waterfront home when they came across a dream house with spectacular views of the ocean. Before they could make an offer on the property, they learned the bank would require federal flood insurContinued ...
The school test spirit
Taking the standardized Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System -- MCAS -- tests is a spring rite for students on all levels of the education system, and they are tests for which students prepare across the state. But students at West Parish anContinued ...
- Buyers, sellers flock to 'Drop and Shop'
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Two face assault complaints over scuffle at work
- Drivers facing higher fees via state plan
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Manchester Police/Fire
- Essex Police/Fire: Police, DPW clear fallen tree in Essex
- Talk of the Times:
- Rockport Ramblings: Library sale 'springs forward' next weekend
- Town Talk: Fifth-graders host film screening
- Friday, March 14, 2014
- Fire trucks get green light for crossings
- Full audit sought for A. Piatt project
- Rockport officials drop override plans
- DOT eyes bridge fix, replacement