This pair of file photos shows Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, left, on Sept. 22, 2008, as he testified in a Miami court in the murder trial of former FBI agent John Connolly; and James "Whitey" Bulger, right, in a June 23, 2011 booking photo provided by the U.S. Marshals Service. Flemmi, Bulger's alleged former partner serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to 10 killings, is expected to testify in Bulger's trial Thursday, July 18, 2013 in federal court in Boston. Bulger, now 83, is accused in a 32-count racketeering indictment and in playing a role in 19 killings in the 1970s and '80s while he allegedly led the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. (AP Photos/J. Pat Carter and U.S. Marshals Service, File)
- Top Stories
West Parish pupils to go to St. Ann, O'Maley
West Parish Elementary School pupils -- most of them, at least -- will be relocated to the closed St. Ann School during the two-year, $30 million reconstruction of their own their school set to begin next year, school committee members decided in a uContinued ...
Essex police reach out to elementary students
In a throwback to both old time hobbies and community policing, Essex police officers are reaching out to children in order to get better acquainted with Essex Elementary School students.Continued ...
Man admits to loansharking
PEABODY -- For a moment yesterday, Anthony "Tony the Fruit Guy" Polsonetti Jr. wasn't sure whether what he'd done amounted to extortion. During a hearing in Salem Superior Court, where he pleaded guilty to extortion, loansharking, attempting to suboContinued ...
- Firsts for 'The Walk'
- Essex company is fined $90K for illegal dumping
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Gloucester Police/Fire City man facing drunken driving, other charges
- Manchester Police/Fire: 14 trapped in school elevator
- Thursday, December 12, 2013
- West Parish kids headed for St. Ann, O’Maley
- Displaced by fishing war
- Cape Ann TV changes face
- Police: Duo sold heroin as children watched
- Essex Elementary bounces snacks during class
- Bill designed to curb big banks
- Police/Fire: Drunk driving suspect had empty nips in purse
- Gloucester District Court: Taxi fare deadbeat ordered to pay up
- West Parish pupils to go to St. Ann, O'Maley