Warren Lanpher, left, a house preservation expert, talks about the specially reproduced six-over-six plank frame windows that are historically accurate for the Haskell House, which is being carefully restored in West Gloucester. The glass panes are handmade. At right is carpenter Jason O'Connor, who is working with him.
- Top Stories
Kirk launches search for Duggan's successor
With former Chief Administrative Officer Jim Duggan having tendered his resignation and poised to become town manager in Dracut, Mayor Carolyn Kirk has formally launched a search for his successor. The job posting as listed by the city seeks a "profeContinued ...
Western Ave. pegged for Essex pot facility
ESSEX -- The proposed marijuana cultivation facility targeted for Essex has been identified as the former Glass Dimensions property. Garden Remedies Inc., a registered nonprofit organization, hopes to set up a growing facility in the building at 197Continued ...
Bringing 'The Kid' to Rockport
A full house greeted author and former Boston Globe editor Ben Bradlee Jr. at Rockport Public Library Wednesday night when he visited to discuss his latest book "The Kid," a book he described as a "warts and all" biography of the late Red Sox sluggerContinued ...
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Police nab man wanted on Maine charges
- Encore screening set for Forum film
- Baker: 'Time to raise our game'
- Activists seek affordable housing answers
- Holy Thursday
- Thursday, April 17, 2014
- City seeks new public safety building on Fuller site
- City man gets time served
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Institution for Savings acquiring Rockport National Bank
- Animal abuse, threats bring suspended term
- Midweek Musings: Finding the sacred in the ordinary
- Officials pan off-leash dog plans
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Lynn man nabbed on local drug charges
- Kirk launches search for Duggan's successor