Articles appearing on Manchester’s warrant for its Annual Town Meeting, beginning tonight at 7 p.m. in the Memorial Elementary School gym. If needed, the meeting could continue tomorrow night as well:
1. Receive and place on file the reports of town boards and committees appearing in the annual report.
2. Fix the 12-month fiscal year salary and compensation of all elective officers.
3. Pay town’s share of the North Shore Regional Vocational School District ($80,335 via taxation).
4. Pay town debts and charges for the ensuing 12 months, effective July 1.
5. Raise and appropriate money called for under the following items, or any other sums, for the purposes indicated, and to determine how the money shall be obtained.
6. Pay for the town’s assessment for the gross operating and maintenance expenses for Manchester Essex Regional School District.
7. Hear and act on the report of the Community Preservation Committee on the fiscal 2014 Community Preservation budget and to appropriate from the Community Preservation fund to meet the administrative expenses.
8. Pay for preliminary engineering, testing, design, and cleanup of the parcels of land on Pine Street and Rockwood Heights.
9. Authorize selectmen to acquire by purchase, gift, eminent domain or otherwise a permanent easement on a parcel of land located on 162 Pine St.
10. Provide additional working capital in the police detail account, $5,000 by taxation.
11. Establish a Fire Department detail account for the purpose of paying fire department details while awaiting payment from responsible parties.
12. Authorize selectmen to petition the General Court for the enactment of a special law to establish the Board of Assessors as a three-member board comprised of the principal assessor and two other members, all to be appointed by selectmen.
13/14. Accept the provisions of state law and adopt a bylaw authorizing the denial or revocation of any license or permit issued by the town to any person, corporation or business enterprise who has failed to pay any taxes, fees, assessments, betterments or any other municipal charges.