MIKE SPRINGER/Gloucester Daily Times Donna Ardizzoni helps build the annual lobster trap Christmas tree Saturday in downtown Gloucester. It took a group of eight or nine volunteers all day to construct the tree, which has been a tradition in Gloucester for 12 years.
- Top Stories
Senate proposes changes in welfare
BOSTON -- Senate Democratic leaders have unveiled a plan to overhaul the state's welfare system by moving more recipients off public benefits and into the workforce while reducing the potential for fraud and waste. However, Gloucester's state senatorContinued ...
Biggest farmers market yet kicks off season tomorrow
Cape Ann Farmers Market will usher in the start of summer just a day before the solstice when it opens Thursday for its seventh year. The market, which will host even more vendors this year than last, will occupy Stage Fort Park every Thursday throuContinued ...
Schooner challenge benefits ship stablization
With a $5,000 fundraiser in the hole, the complete stabilization of the Essex schooner Evelina M. Goulart is nearly complete.Continued ...
- Court denies appeal in Rockport weapons case
- Tire iron assault under investigation
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Condoms, comment place Rockport man in cuffs
- Manchester Police/Fire: Police give ride to School Street man.
- Gloucester District Court: Man jailed 47 days for hospital misconduct
- Essex Police/Fire:Main Street woman gives in to National Grid scam
- Rockport Police/Fire: Clark Avenue woman taken to hospital
- Author to speak at library meeting
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Council adds $600K for schools
- Essex knocks down Conomo Point cottage
- Gloucester mailman accused of stealing debit card and pin, then spending $4,000
- Harbor Advisory Committee set for reorgization
- Senate proposes changes in welfare