MIKE SPRINGER/Gloucester Daily Times. David Brooks works on top of the emerging lobster trap Christmas tree Saturday in downtown Gloucester. It took a group of eight or nine volunteers all day to construct the tree, which has been a tradition in Gloucester for 12 years.
- Top Stories
Beauport buys Essex Avenue parking lot
Beauport Gloucester LLC, the company building the city's first downtown hotel in the historic Fort neighborhood, has acquired a parcel of land on Essex Avenue to be used for an off-site parking lot. The purchase comes as the Beauport firm, heaContinued ...
Councilors get earful over city dog laws
Judith Goldman, a canine behavioral consultant and Gloucester resident, made the case for giving dogs the chance to get proper exercise without being leashed. "We know that dogs need to socialize with people and other dogs," said Goldman, suggestingContinued ...
State affirms new boundaries for city's DPA
In a move fully expected, the director of the state Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs on Wednesday formally approved the redrawing of the Designated Port Area boundaries for the city's inner harbor. Director Bruce K. Carlisle's decContinued ...
- Letter: Maritime's 'famous phrases' column a hit
- A bar for Rockport
- Pride Stride steps off Sunday for 27th time
- Gloucester Police/Fire: City man facing new drug charges
- Half-staff flag set as tribute to late councilor
- Newell Stadium is site of Y's 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Manchester/Essex Police/Fire: Manchester police pick up man on warrants
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Times holding Rockport selectmen's debate May 1
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Times editor talks 'Total Access' subscriptions
- Council gets an earful on dog ordinance changes
- NOAA tightens rules on rec fishermen
- Beauport buys Essex Avenue parking lot