Allegra Boverman/Gloucester Daily Times. The view of the high water from the Essex River at The Essex River House Motel on Monday during the hurricane.
- Top Stories
Shareholders back deal for Rockport National Bank
ROCKPORT -- Rockport National Bank shareholders agreed by an overwhelming margin Tuesday to approve the acquisition of the longtime locally-based bank by the Newburyport-based Institution for Savings. And the merger may be completed earlier than antContinued ...
Standoff seen as 'ultimate Greek tragedy'
Widespread mini protests and boycotts continued outside Market Basket stores Tuesday, but the company board of directors remains mum in a standoff that could carry on for some time, and the next move is anyone's guess. Employees and protesters tell aContinued ...
City health chiefs back continuing fluoride use
Gloucester's public health leaders support the continued addition of fluoride to the city's drinking water, but a local anti-fluoridation group is trying to have the mineral removed. The debate surfaced earlier in Rockport, where voters at an upcominContinued ...
- Basket customers taking a hit
- Ipswich targets Essex, Gloucester clam raiders
- Family film fare on waterfront
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Local man charged on outside warrant
- Cashless toll system debuts on Tobin Bridge
- Towns' police/fire: Police steer bicyclist off Route 128
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Statement from Arthur T. Demoulas
- Update: Institution deal for Rockport National approved, on fast track
- Firing of managers adds to unrest at rally
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man faces lewdness charge in Rocky Neck incident
- Market Basket rift hits home
- St. Ann lease loan on council bill tonight
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National Bank