The newly reconstructed Causeway in downtown Essex was temporarily closed due to flooding Monday.
- Top Stories
Schools' teacher ratings draw fire
Local teachers questioning why Gloucester is one of 43 districts who awarded no teachers with top honors during an evaluation that was part of a requirement for receiving money from the 2009 state Race to the Top program, are pushing administrators fContinued ...
New arms bring North Shore man new hope
In September 2010, James Young was working as an electrical lineman for the Georgetown Electrical Company, when he was jolted by 13,800 volts of electricity, After suffering severe burns and losing consciousness, he woke from a coma three weeks laterContinued ...
Trouble in the clam flats
ESSEX -- The soft-shelled backbone of this town's economy is under attack from an old enemy, with invasive species of crabs gobbling up clams throughout Essex Bay, experts say. There may be two invasive species threatening the deep-fried favorite ofContinued ...
- Spreading the Hanukkah light in Rockport
- Santa's boat arrivals top town holiday slates
- Syrian conflict at center of Cape Ann Forum
- Rockport Police/Fire: Man reports wallet theft from car
- Essex Police/Fire:Man arrested on probation violation
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Woman nabbed on warrants faces other charges
- Rockport group hosts kids' wellness program
- Eighth-graders, parents invited to high school
- Monday, December 2, 2013
- Costs cloud school transition choice
- Driver gets 4 years for 2012 DUI fatality
- Quick change of seasons
- Making paper from celery
- Schools' teacher ratings draw fire