Meet Ally, Cape Ann Animal Aid's pet of the week for Nov. 16, 2019.
Spirit Cats are not for everyone, but they are very special cats for some.
They are Spirit Cats – very shy with people. They live in your home, but are rarely seen – especially by visitors. They are cats who live with you, and who may bond deeply with you or only just grant you the opportunity to touch them…or not.
Spirit Cats need homes too. Here’s what to expect (unless otherwise noted):
• They’re great with other cats! They are used to living with many cats, and are excellent companions for other cats.
• Over time, they will most likely get used to one or two people who will be allowed to touch them. They may choose to hang out near you, or sleep on the bed with you at night.
• They are a great choice for patient, kind people with a quiet household, who want to make a difference for an individual cat – one that few people have the patience to help.
• They are a fine choice for situations where you don’t have a lot of time to devote to a pet – most of these kitties do not need or want much attention from people.
• They will not magically turn into normal acting cats; what you see is what they will be like for a long time, maybe always. Some will change more than others, but be prepared for what you see now.
• They are not a good choice for busy homes.
• They are not a good choice for homes with children.
For more information about a Spirit Cat please stop by our shelter at 4 Paws Lane in Gloucester or call 978-283-6055 and leave a message with your contact info at extension 10.
Opt to Adopt! Get all the details on this adoptable pet or search for others just like them by clicking this link: