ROCKPORT — The body of a dolphin washed up on the shore of Cape Hedge Beach on Sunday.

The report was called in to police at 4:20 p.m., and police notified the New England Aquarium.

But the tide carried the dolphin’s carcass back out to sea ocean before anyone from the Aquarium could reach the scene.

Several residents were transported to Addison Gilbert in the past few days.

On Friday, shortly after noon, a female Jerdans Lane resident was transported to the hospital.

Saturday, at 11:51 a.m. another female from Main Street made her way to Addison Gilbert.

Sunday proved to be the most hectic, as ambulances were transporting Rockport residents to the hospital throughout the day.

Shortly after midnight, a female White Way resident was transported to Addison Gilbert. At 1 p.m., a female resident of Marmion Way was transported to the hospital. Shortly after, at 2:30 p.m., a Main Street male was transported to the hospital.

Finally on Monday,at 10:42 a.m., a male Millbrook Park resident was transported to Addison Gilbert.

There were also several false burglar and fire alarms.

Police responded to a burglar alarm activation on Phillips Avenue on Saturday afternoon at 4:20. Police said everything was secure when they arrived.

The Fire Department responded to a false alarm on Atlantic Avenue, police said the alarm was malfunctioning.

On Sunday, shortly after 10 a.m., a residential burglar alarm was set off on King Street Court. But when police arrived, everything was fine, officers said.

Another alarm went off Sunday night at 5:15 with no results on Penzance Road.

Police officer William Budrow said the rash of alarms may have been caused by inclement weather.

At 7:30 p.m. on Friday, a car accident was reported in the Cumberland Farms parking lot on Railroad Avenue. Nobody was injured and the motorists were able to drive from the scene after exchanging insurance information.

James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000, x 3455 or at

Trending Video

Recommended for you