Some snow forecasts say Cape Ann could receive up to almost a foot of snow throughout the day Saturday and Saturday night, though most call for 3 to 5 inches during the day, with the potential for another 1 to 3 inches at night.
Gloucester Times weatherman Peter Lovasco reported that more than 2 inches of snow had accumulated in Gloucester by 1:30 p.m. Saturday. At 7:15 p.m., he reported 10.3 inches of snow.
Gov/. Charlie Baker is asking residents to stay off the roads, and if you must drive to "not crowd the plows."
He also suggested that MBTA customers log in to http://mbta.com/winter and follow @mbta on Twitter for service information and real-time updates.
The Times will try to keep this updated.
Here Saturday's latest snow news:
Parking: All vehicles are banned from parking on city streets from Saturday at noon until Sunday at noon.
City residents may park in all municipal parking lots, including Gloucester High School, O’Maley Innovation Middle School, West Parish and all other school parking lots. Other off-street parking areas include Harbor Parking Lot, Main Street Parking Lot, and St. Peter’s Square.
- Gloucester High School Fishermen hockey at Revere has been postponed tonight. Makeup game TBA.
Groove Therapy show at Minglewood Tavern on Rogers Street cancelled. The restaurant plans to be open/
- Cape Ann Museum, 27 Pleasant St., closes at 3 p.m.
- Cape Ann Animal Aid, 4 Paws Lane, closes at 2 p.m.
- Common Crow Natural Market, 200 Eastern Ave., closes at 4 p.m.
- Latitude 43, Rogers Street, closes at 7:30 p.m.
- Sawyer Free Library, 2 Dale Ave., closes at noon.
- Toodeloos! on Main Street closes at 2 p.m.
Parking: The ban began at midnight. There is no overnight parking allowed on any town streets or roads between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. until a declaration is made by the police chief and the Public Works director to remove the ban.
Parking will be allowed along the perimeter of the resident parking lot adjacent to Town Hall (Resident Sticker required), Back Beach at the metered parking spots in front of the restrooms, T-Wharf (general parking and Resident Sticker required, based on posted signs), and the Town of Rockport lot at MBTA train station, as posted.
- Rockport Public Library closes at 2 p.m. Trustee Lana Razdan posted on Facebook that staff hope it will be open for business on schedule at 1 p.m. Sunday. Please check the library website or Facebook for updates.
- La Provence, 4 Main St., closes at 1 p.m.
The Rockport High School Vikings boys ice hockey game vs. Pentucket has been postponed; make-up to be announced.
Parking: Due to large amount of snow forecast, the town's arking ban will begin at 4 p.m. today. All vehicles are to be removed by then. Police ask that car owners please plan ahead.
Parking: On-street parking is prohibited from midnight until dawn on all town streets except for the easterly end of Pickering Street. The ban runs through April 1.