Here's your daily look at late breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP WARNS IRAN NOT TO THREATEN AMERICA
The president tweets about Iran’s “official end” hours after a rocket landed near the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
2. WHAT GOOGLE IS SAYING ABOUT HUAWEI
The tech giant is assuring users of the Chinese company’s smartphones that Google’s basic services will work on them following U.S. government restrictions.
3. WHERE EPA IS SHIFTING ENVIRONMENTAL ENFORCEMENT
The agency is delegating a widening range of public health and environmental enforcement to states, something critics contend is a risky, dangerous retreat.
4. PORK LOVERS WINCE AS PRICES SPIKE
Prices have jumped by up to 40% as China’s struggle to stamp out African swine fever in its vast pig herds, sending shockwaves through global meat markets.
5. THE NEXT FRONTIER IN #METOO
Lawmakers, educators and teens are re-examining whether sex education needs to evolve to better address some of the issues in society today, AP finds.
6. MANY STATES USE DRONES FOR RANGE OF WORK
In Utah, drones hover near avalanches. In North Carolina, they search for endangered birds. And in Kansas, they could soon be identifying sick cows, AP learns.
7. TECH-SAVVY ESTONIANS PIONEER ONLINE BALLOTING
Online voting in the European elections begins in Estonia, the only country in the world to allow internet voting for the entire electorate, in every election.
8. ‘HIPPIE’ ISLAND GETS ON VACCINE BANDWAGON
An island near Seattle known for its counterculture lifestyle and low immunization rates is seeing an increase in the number of kids vaccinated for measles and other diseases.
9. MOREHOUSE GRADS GET QUITE THE SURPRISE
Billionaire tech investor Robert F. Smith stuns the entire class when he tells them he will pay off their student loans __ estimated at up to $40 million.
10. KOEPKA SURVIVES AFTER BLACK BITES BACK
Brooks Koepka survives Bethpage Black’s brutal back nine to hold off Dustin Johnson and win the PGA Championship, his fourth