Editor’s note: All year, the Gloucester Daily Times has partnered with the League of Women Voters of Cape Ann to test your knowledge about our country. This is the last quiz in the series.
1.Which of the 13 original colonies refused to send a delegation to the Constitutional Convention and was also the last state to ratify the Constitution?
2. What is Common Law?
3. Who was the first president born in the United States?
4. What power of the Supreme Court did the case Marbury v. Madison (1803) establish?
5. What is due process?
6. What does “taxation without representation” mean?
7. What is a poll tax?
8. What rights did the 10th Amendment grant?
9. What did the 13th Amendment do?
10. How could Jeannette Rankin have served in Congress before the 19th Amendment (women’s suffrage) was adopted?